Prince George Citizen
First published in 1916, we began daily publication in 1957.As a paid daily newspaper with the most successful local website serving the Central Interior of B.C., the Prince George Citizen is the premier multi-media news and advertising source in the area, and takes this responsibility very seriously.
Below is a list of our regularly printed products giving you an option to reach all markets:
- The Prince George Citizen is delivered to city subscribers and sold to newsstands Monday to Saturday.
Benefits of advertising in the Prince George Citizen include:
- 7 am delivery for increased exposure for our advertisers and greater convenience for our readers
- we have one of the highest market penetration rates in all of Canada with over 45% of all occupied city households receiving the Citizen Friday and Saturday. That number jumps to 52% Monday - Thursday (ABC 2010).
- 81% of Prince George adults read one or more issues of the Citizen each week (NADbank 2009). The main reason for our readership success is that we skew local, with no fewer than six broadsheet pages daily devoted to local news and sports – proudly produced & printed in Prince George.
- Paid Circulation of 12,500 that is distibuted in the following communites; Prince George, Quesnel, Mackenzie,Vanderhoof, Ft. St. James, Fraser Lake and McBride
- The Prince George Citizen is delivered FREE to 12,500 non subscribers every Thursday. This is our TMC product.
The Citizen's ROP & Classified advertising deadline is @ 5pm, 3 working days prior to ad run date.
The Citizen also offers
- Careers - usually 2-4 pages. Thursday and Saturdays
- Look Who's Celebrating (Anniversary, Birthday etc. photo announcements), Little Bundles of Joy (Birth announcements with photos), Classifieds.
The Citizen also offers a complete digital version of the newspaper:
"It’s What Matters To You"
Address & Contact Details
WebsiteVisit our website
For advertising rates please contact our office
Additional Prince George Citizen Publications
The Prince George North Central BC Buy and Sell is published and sold at newsstands throughout the region every Friday ( Format 5 Col X 130 ag ).
Select E weekly tv listing and entertainment guide is distributed within the Citizen every Friday. Tab format: 10 col by 157 ag ( 10.417 X 10.417 )
Gateway to the North, Regional product is distributed from Quesnel ( South ), Smithers ( West ) Valemount ( East ) and Chetwynd ( North ). Tab format:10 col by 157 ag ( 10.417 X 10.417 )
Circulation: 10,486 (Mon, Tues, Wed), 25,307 (Thurs), 12,805 (Fri)
Format: Broadsheet 10 col X 301 lines
Page Size: 10.417” X 21.333”